Minor League Baseball announced yesterday that the 2020 baseball season has been cancelled.
“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” said Minor League Baseball President & CEO Pat O’Conner. “While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment.”
Of the twelve teams that make up the Florida State League, the Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals call Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium home from April through September.
“While we are disappointed by the cancellation of the 2020 Florida State League season, the safety and security of our fans, players and coaches has always been our top priority. Our staff will continue to work on and implement health and sanitation policies in accordance with CDC guidelines and State regulations to ensure when baseball returns for 2021, fans will have the safety and comfort needed to enjoy games.” added Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium General Manager Mike Bauer.
Fans who purchased tickets for the 2020 Florida State League season through Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium will receive a full refund within 30 days. Silver Sluggers, Kids Club members, and Season Ticket Holders DO NOT need to request a refund. It will be automatically processed unless said member chooses to roll their 2020 package over into the 2021 season which they may do at no increase.
For all other ticket purchases the below will apply:
- If purchased by credit card:
- A refund will be applied directly back to the credit card last used.
- If purchased by check:
- Please contact the ticket office to confirm your mailing address:
- By phone 561-630-1853
- By email email@example.com
- If we do not hear from you by July 31, 2020, we will mail your refund check to the address on file.
- If purchased by cash:
- Please contact the ticket office to request your refund:
- By phone: 561-630-1853
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All refund requests must be made by July 31, 2020.
- For Group Ticket refunds, Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium will refund the group leader who purchased the tickets.
- If purchased from a third-party reseller (i.e. Stubhub, SeatGeek, etc.):
- You must contact the third-party reseller directly.
- If you resold your tickets to a third-party reseller, we are aware of the transaction. A refund will not be issued by Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium.
Refund form can be found here: 2020 FSL Ticket Refund Form